Virgin America, Inc. est une compagnie aérienne basée aux États-Unis qui a commencé le service sur août 8, 2007. Le but déclaré de la compagnie aérienne est de fournir à bas prix, service de qualité pour “service de longue distance point à point entre grandes métropoles sur les littoraux de la côte occidentale et orientale”. Aéroport International de San Francisco est le hub principal de Virgin America, but the airline also has a focus city at Los Angeles International Airport. Virgin America’s frequent flyer program Elevate provides award flights and other benefits to frequent fliers.
Virgin America, though the brainchild of British entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson, is a U.S. Compagnie aérienne. By law, no more than 25% of a U.S. airline may be owned by foreign interests and must be under the “actual control” of U.S. citizens; VAI Partners owns 75% of the capital stock; the remaining 25% of the company is owned by Virgin Group, which also licenses the Virgin brand to the airline. Virgin America, headquartered in Burlingame, California in the San Francisco Bay Area, is separate from and as such is under no obligation to work with any companies that share the Virgin brand name. Cependant, Virgin America partners with many of the other Virgin-branded airlines. Virgin America offers dual-class service on all flights it operates. Both cabins feature mood lighting, all seats are equipped with Panasonic Avionics’ personal in-flight entertainment system running a customized touch-screen GUI called Red. First Class seats offer 55 inches (1,400 mm) of pitch and are 21 inches (530 mm) large. The seats feature power-ports, adjustable headrests, a massage function, and various recline controls. Main Cabin Select is Virgin America’s premium economy product. Main Cabin seats offer 32 inches (810 mm) of pitch and are 17.7 inches (450 mm) wide with power-ports and adjustable headrests. Virgin America leases 68,000 pieds carrés (6,300 m2) of space at Bay Park Plaza II (formerly known as the Forbes Building), a building at 555 Airport Boulevard in Burlingame, California in the San Francisco Bay Area, owned, leased, and managed by Equity Office. Virgin America occupies suite 500 in the building, which is located across a lagoon from U.S. Autoroute 101 (Bayshore Freeway).
Virgin America initially predicted that it would have approximately ten destinations within the first year of service and up to 30 after five years of service. Virgin America currently flies to twenty destinations in the United States and three in Mexico.
Examen des aéroports est le site où vous pouvez trouver et partager des conseils sur les aéroports, Billets d'avion, compagnies aériennes, voyage et informations utiles. Partagez votre expérience, laisser un commentaire sans inscription!