Vueling Airlines, S.A. es una aerolínea española con sede en El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona cerca de su centro principal en el aeropuerto de Barcelona – El Prat. Su nombre proviene de la palabra española Vuelo, lo que significa que vuelo. Hay trece bases adicionales en A Coruña, Alicante, Amsterdam, Bilbao, Bruselas, Florencia, Madrid, Málaga, Palma de Mallorca, París-Orly, Roma-Fiumicino, Seville and Valencia. A fourteenth summer seasonal base is located at Ibiza.
Vueling serves over 100 destinations in Africa, Asia and Europe and is currently the second largest airline in Spain. The airline carried nearly 14.8m passengers in 2012 un aumento de 20.1% en el año anterior, with a load factor of 77.7% para el año. Vueling was established in February 2004 and commenced operations on 1 Julio 2004 with a flight between Barcelona and Ibiza. The initial fleet consisted of two Airbus A320 aircraft, based in Barcelona serving Brussels, Ibiza, Palma de Mallorca and Paris-Charles de Gaulle. En noviembre 2012, International Airlines Group, whose subsidiary Iberia held a 45.85% stake in Vueling, offered to buy the remaining 54.15% of the company with both Iberia and IAG owning both shares and not resulting in the company being wholly owned by IAG through 100% of shares. IAG, also the owner of British Airways, plans to use Vueling to help stem losses at Iberia. Sin embargo, market trends (increased profits and improved figures from Vueling resulting in a higher share-price) had made IAG’s offer a significant undervaluation of the airline. En 23 Abril 2013, IAG acquired control of Vueling which saw the recently purchased 44.66% stake by IAG merged with Iberia’s existing 45.85% stake to form a 90.51% shareholding. Vueling will remain a standalone company now within the IAG and its management structure will remain unchanged.
Vueling offers two frequent flyer programmes. Punto (Spanish for point), allows you to collect points and then exchange them for flights to any Vueling destination. Iberia Plus can be used to get flights or be cashed in for other Iberia services or those of the other companies linked to the Iberia Plus programme.
Revisión de aeropuertos es el sitio donde puedes encontrar y compartir consejos sobre aeropuertos, billetes de avión, líneas aéreas, viajes e informaciones útiles. Comparte tu experiencia, Deja una revisión sin registro!